Friday, July 23, 2010

Grammy



As many of you know, my beloved Grammy went home to be with the Lord on July 3, 2010 at 11am. I am thankful to have the assurance that she is with her Savior. I miss her more than anything in the world, but I know I will be seeing her again someday. She was such a blessing to me as I was growing up. She had such a love for me and my sisters and brothers. With everything that was going on in her life, it was evident that she still loved all of us more than anything. On the 24th of June, I went to the house to see her. She was sitting up in her chair and was talking like she always had. While I was there she had a spell and Grandpa had to give her morphine. She talked a little less but still had her put in the conversation. It was getting late so I told her I would go, but would stop by later. The next morning I was getting ready for VBS and received a call from my aunt asking me to bring the boys over to the house. They needed help moving the couch so they would have room for the hospital bed that they were getting. So I told Nathan and Matthew "let's go". When we got there they were all frantic and I could tell something was major wrong. So I walked into Grammy's room to go talk to her. When I walked in she was laying motionless on the bed. It scared me for a second. I walked up next to her and she turned her head and gave me a smile. She grabbed my hand and told me that she was praying for me. I started crying, so she pulled me down close to her and I gave her a hug. She told me a few times that she loved me. I didn't like her seeing me cry, but how can you not when your Grandmother is laying there dying and she tells you that she is praying for you. She was one AMAZING women. I had to get to VBS so I gave her another hug and told her again that I loved her. She held onto my hand and pulled me down close to her face and said "I love you, Sharon" then gave me a kiss. That night after the closing of VBS a bunch of us made our way over to the house to see how she was doing. She looked much better and I was so happy to see her doing well. Things were looking a little up. The next day I went to work as per usual. After I was finished, Katie her family Sammy and myself went to the food court to have dinner. In the middle we get a call that we must stop by the house to see Grammy. We had gotten that call like 3 times before so I figured she was not doing well but she was not THAT bad. When Katie and I walked in, she was not able to talk,she could barely move, and she was overly HOT. She was so hot that they were putting wet towels on her arms and head to help cool her down. When I walked up next to her I told her my name and gave her another hug, kiss and told her again that I loved her. She mumbled "I love you" back. Then she gave me a big hug. Both arms wrapped around me. I stood up and then she mumbled something again. I was not able to understand what she said, so I got close to her and asked her to repeat it. She said it again. She said "I want you to sing to me". By this time I was crying so I that I was not able to sing by myself. So when the whole family got there we all sang "It Will Be Worth It All" (When We See Christ). After awhile it got so hot in the room that Grammy was in that we moved her to the front room. It was the last "ride" that she received. It was like no one wanted to leave the house. It was Saturday night and everyone was at the house till almost 11. On Sunday morning I went over with some of the kids and she was completely out. She was unable to talk, but she could hear. So, we all talked to her, said our good byes. Then we headed to church. Andrew surprised us that night by coming home. He went straight over to the house. While he and Nathan were there she woke up. They were blessed to be able to see her and talk to her one last time. Monday came and we were all getting ready to leave for camp. But, there was no way that I was leaving for camp without going over to see her one more time. So Danielle, Lydia and myself went there before going to the church. We had the blessing of her being awake at that time. Lyd walked up and Grammy knew who she was. Lyd gave her a hug. Brutus got so excited that we were there and he jumped onto the bed with Grammy and was running all over her. We then got him down and Grammy's eyes were wide open and she was not able to move. It was just too much excitement. We then asked Grammy if she was OK and she replied "I'm fine. Is she OK?" Talking about Lydia. If there was one thing about Grammy, it is that she never cared about herself. And that proves it. On her death bed and she is asking if everyone else is OK. After Lyd said good bye. I walked up touched her arm and she turned her head to me and said "Sharon". I cried, and gave her another hug and kiss and said "I love you". She then was able to mouth "I love you" back. She was not able to talk. Danielle walked up and Grammy just could not say anything. I had a feeling that that was going to be the last time that I would see her here on this earth. I kinda hoped that I was going to be wrong, but that was selfish. Indeed, that was the last time I got to see and hear her. On the way home from camp, I was in Merritt Island dropping people off and I was heading over to the house. But I then got the call that she had passed away. I miss her so much that it hurts to think about it. But to me, it is a good hurt. I am glad I miss her. It shows that I truly loved her. It is just a self satisfaction. If I didn't miss her, I would be worried. Since that time, I have spent many nights crying myself to sleep. It is not something I like to do, but it is just that Grammy means so much to me! She always will. I am so thankful that God put me in this wonderful family. A lot of people now days have some kind of hate towards their family, but I have no feeling of that what so ever. I am more than happy to be in this family. I feel blessed to know that I have a family that is going to support and love at at all times. GOD IS SO GOOD!

With Love in Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ,
Sharon Blizzard

Oft times the day seems long, our trials hard to bear,
We're tempted to complain, to murmur and despair;
But Christ will soon appear to catch His Bride away,
All tears forever over in God's eternal day.

Refrain
It will be worth it all when we see Jesus,
Life's trials will seem so small when we see Christ;
One glimpse of His dear face all sorrow will erase,
So bravely run the race till we see Christ.

Sometimes the sky looks dark with not a ray of light,
We're tossed and driven on , no human help in sight;
But there is one in heav'n who knows our deepest care,
Let Jesus solve your problem - just go to Him in pray'r.

Refrain

Life's day will soon be o'er, all storms forever past,
We'll cross the great divide, to glory, safe at last;
We'll share the joys of heav'n - a harp, a home, a crown,
The tempter will be banished, we'll lay our burden down.

Refrain

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear SharShar <3

Thank you so much for your heartfelt journal of the last days you had with your Grammy. She was an inspiration to me while she was alive, and here she goes, through your testimony, being an inspiration again - while she is in the presence of Jesus!!! :D

The Lord will continue to hold you close to his bosom and comfort your heart with the knowledge that Grammy is enjoying His presence and you will see her again.

I love you and am so very proud of you, dear lovely young woman!
Blessings, many, many blessings to you! Mrs. Stone