Saturday, April 25, 2015

Praising the Lord for providing an answer

So, the real countdown has begun. Less than a month till I am on a plane leaving my family, friends, home and job...for a little over a month anyway. I am heading to Cambodia on May 23, 2015. I am super excited but a bit nervous too. I've never flown to the other side of the world by myself. But as a friend keeps reminding me, I will not be going alone. God is always with me and so are the prayers of all my loved ones. The safest place to be is in the center of God's will and I know for certain that God is leading me to Cambodia for this mission trip. Since I stepped foot back on American soil in 2011 I have had the desire to go back to Cambodia. I had been praying about it for all these years and asked the Lord that if He wanted me to be in Cambodia that He would make it perfectly clear to me. Well, that prayer has been answered. Back in January I got this message from the man who had lead the team I was with back in 2011 " Hi, Sharon! I was wondering if you were still interested in traveling to Cambodia and spending some quality time there with the Baldwins. They are very interested in you coming, especially during the time that Wiwin is expected to deliver their next child, and they would like to know if you can come and spend a month or so helping out. Please let me know." Naturally I was super excited to receive this message and immediately said yes. But the baby was due in May and this was January. 4 months is not a long time to raise the funds needed to buy flights and all. So the next week I went to talk with a travel agent and she quoted me a ticket that would take me from Florida to LAX to then Cambodia, all for 1,800.00. then adding on the amount of what I would need for while I am there. we figured it to be about 2,100.00. Which seems to be a lot. But I knew that if the Lord wanted me to go, He would provide. Which He did! Within a month and a half, I had raised enough for the air fare. But one day I had the idea to contact the travel agent and see about stopping in Seattle/Tacoma Washington for a day or two either going or coming. She looked in to it and it was a lot cheaper to fly through Seattle. So the next day I went and bought the flights for the trip. It was so awesome to see how the Lord provided and how He keeps providing. Just today mom and I were trying to figure out how much my bills and all come out to for the month and a half I will be gone, I have Almost enough to cover everything! There has never been a more clear way of God showing me of which way He wants me to go. I am so thankful for all the people that have supported me either through funding me, praying for me, providing outfits for the newest little one or just the words of encouragement that you provide. I cannot wait to start this trip and to see all my friends in Cambodia again. 4 years has been long enough. :) only 4 more weeks!!! God is so good and I am so excited to see what He has for me in the future!!! In Christ, Sharon Blizzard

No comments: