Thursday, June 18, 2015

June 18

    Howdy! So this week has been full of going to ITCS (International Theoloical College and Seminary) that Pastor Mark teaches for. It has been nice to get to see some people that we knew from 4 years ago, and meeting new people. I've been hanging around more this time than the last so I've been able to get to know them more, which has been awesome. Pastor Mark has been teaching this week at the pastoral conference they have been having this week. It is where they have invited men from all around the country to the school, give them food and shelter for the week and teach them more about the things of Christ. Pastor Mark has been teaching on Hebrews this week. My plan was to be in all the services but I've got caught up in talking to the students and have missed half the messages. Oops. But I have new friends! :) so that's always a bonus. Haha

      I was feeling pretty crappy the other day. Pretty sure I was running a low grade temp at some point. But I feel much better now; for which I am so thankful! It's no fun being away from home and not feeling well. So thank you for all the prayers. I am very appreciative for them!!

      Today when heading home from ITCS, Pastor Mark and I stopped to get some chicken and ice cream for lunch and then headed to go get the car from the shop...again. They were supposed to be fixing the alignment and something else. But when we got to the shop it wasn't done yet. So we took a tuk tuk to the local market where I was able to do a little shopping. Come to find out I'm decent at bartering, which comes in handy when you're at a place like that. So I got a few things to bring home. But hopefully I'll make it back there and be able to get a few more things. I need a new Cambodian Tshirt for myself since mine from 4 years ago is pretty gross. Just walking around the market was nice to get an idea of what they have and what I want to get for people. We got to the gross part of the market...the part that ALMOST made me gag and throw up. But thankfully I didn't. The produce section. Meat hanging out, dripping yummy juices on to the veggies laying below them. *shudder* It makes me all that much more thankful for America and what we have there. Walmart doesn't seem so bad after all... After we finished up at the market we walked back to the car shop and waited a little bit while they test drove the car and washed it when they got back. To only get in and the alignment still hasn't been fixed. *facepalm* So, it'll have to go back to the shop next week to actually be finished...hopefully. It seems like it's just been one thing after another with it. So, we're praying that everything will get fixed this next time. But we've been praying for that since I got here almost a month ago. Lol

         I took Zachary down to the pool for a swim after we got back this afternoon. It felt so good to get in the cool water after being out and about all day. It was rather refreshing!! Zachary loves the pool but still doesn't know how to swim yet. But loves to jump in. So you have to stay pretty close to him at all times because you never know when he'll jump from the kiddie area to the adult part. But, I keep a close eye on him and he loves it. He's getting so used to me being around, as Pastor Mark and I came home he comes up to me and goes "oh auntie, there you are". Haha then I asked him if he wanted to go swimming and oh goes "ohhhhh okay!!" Lol he's so adorable. It's hard to believe that before I got here he wasn't talking much. Because HE TALKS ALL THE TIME!!!!!! Which is a good thing. :) he's 2, it's about time he started his whole non-stop jibber jabbering. I'm going to miss this kid when I leave!! ❤️

        I leave Cambodia in less than a week and a half and will be back to Florida in 2 weeks from today! It's hard to believe this trip is almost over!!! As But who knows; Maybe I'll be back here soon. :) I do miss everyone at home; students, family (nephews especially!) church family. Everyone pretty much. (As everyone in Florida is headed to Camp, the greatest place on earth, I'll be on my nice loooong 12.5 hour flight home) But I wouldn't trade my time here for anything. God has been so good to me and the ministry here.

     One more weekend of VBS and then a Sunday to follow of normal Sunday school lessons. So crazy. This month has FLOWN! So much has happened since my being here. The Lord has called home 3 people I know and love but 5 babies have been born (with a 6th one due any time actually!). God is so amazingly awesome and I am thankful for His hand of protection!


        In His service,
       Sharon :)



P.S.
Happy Birthday, Peter!!!

No comments: