Sunday, June 21, 2015

An exciting weekend

    So this weekend was the last weekend of VBS and it is one I will not soon forget. Having big groups of kids and just the fellowship with the kids and adults of the villages is such a blessing. It's been an amazing weekend!!! On Saturday we had a pretty good adventurous trip home. I got to drive here in Cambodia: a 3 manpower car! Simply meaning, Pastor Mark's car stalled on the way home and he and the 2 translators pushed the car while I was able to steer it off the road. Thankfully the traffic wasn't too heavy and it was pretty simple...on my end. But of course I was not the one pushing. :P the car is back at the shop though. Thankfully the mechanic was nice enough to let us borrow his car again for Sunday to go to the country side. Lord willing Pastor Mark will be able to get his car fixed today and back to him before long. I feel bad, the whole month I've been here it's been filled with stress of the car, lack of sleep, the college changing Pastor Mark's teaching schedule and all. But we've made it!

    We had really good numbers on both days for VBS and it was pretty tiring! But we made it through and lived to tell about it!! :) yesterday there was literally a fight breaking out between 2 little girls over who was allowed to stand by me and hold my hand. The girls were from 2 different villages and the one didn't like that the other was was here in her village taking my attention, shoved her away from me, stood there with her hands on her hips yelling at the little girl. I then came between them showing that I have two arms and two sides and that I can hold both hands at one time and they can both even sit in my lap at the same time. (You learn to play hand motions here and eventually they understand what you're getting at) They were both okay then. So no fights. Haha

      This week at the Pastoral Confrenence at ITCS, Mr. Srong was able to attend all week. I was able to ask him (through a translator obviously) how it was and he was very encouraged by the Confrenence. He said he understood most of what was talked about. Which is phenomenal and very encouraging to hear him so excited about learning more of God's word!

      On Saturday we were in the village eating lunch and all these kids came running down the street looking back. It never occurred to me to look up the street. But then a few minuets later and elephant comes walking down the street!! Pastor Mark says he sometimes doesn't see elephants for years here but since being here my elephant count is at 2! :)

      So this weekend, I'm not sure of the best/exciting/exhilarating thing. Was it seeing the elephant? Getting to 'drive'? Getting to break up the fight between two girls? Getting a drunk guy pretending to kick the car as we drove by them, who was on a moto? Or was it almost getting run off the road by a huge dump truck that decided that he wasn't going to move to his lane and take almost the entire road to himself? Which ever one it is, it all made for an awesome weekend.

       So this week will be filled with going out and getting stuff I want/need to bring home. One week from right now I'll be back at the air port getting ready to board and come home. How can this trip be coming to a close already!? Tomorrow Wiwin and I are going to take some time alone and go out either by Tuk Tuk or moto and do some shopping for me. It'll be fun. My times with Wiwin are always memorable. I love our times together!

    God has been good on this trip and I am so thankful for the opportunity my church, family members, and everyone else who has supported me to get here and to minister to these kids and adults in Cambodia. It has been such an awesome and life changing experience. And now more than ever I am keeping it before the Throne on if the Lord is calling me here full time or not. The Grandmas in the village told me that I need to stay longer, to which I replied "if it's the Lord's will, I will." So I know what they are praying for now. Lol :) it's all in the Lord's hands!


     Looking forward to coming home, but going to thoroughly enjoy my last week here, for this trip.  So excited to spend what little time I have left here with the Baldwin family, especially my little buddy, Zachary!


In His Service,
Sharon


Praises:
   1) VBS finished off well with awesome numbers of kids
   2) the use of the mechanics car for the weekend
   3) safety on the roads
   4) Mr. Srong being able to attend the pastoral conference at ITCS

Prayer:
   1) the car to be fixed and ACTUALLY fixed this time
   2) the kids in the country side to not get all the persecution from adults as they come to church
   3) Zachary to learn to be gentle with Anna
   4) my last week here to go well, one more trip to the country side!

No comments: