Wednesday, May 27, 2015

safely arrived

So yesterday around noon I arrived in Cambodia. Every leg of the flight went very smooth and had no issues with anything. On the 12.5 hour flight I sat next to an elderly couple that didn't speak any english, and then I sat next to a couple from Washington. They were actually on the flight from Seattle with me. They recognized me from it, cause I had never seen them before. So we got to talk for a little bit. I can say that the only time I panicked a little bit was when my luggage was taking forever to come out. Eventually it did. So everything arrived safely. The Balwins loved everything that was sent for them. Zachary especially loves the hot wheels car that Aunt Susie sent over. He played with it for hours! The city here has changed so much since I was here 4 years ago. They are trying to become more western. Which if anyone knows the saying "same same. But different." That's kinda what the city is like. The Baldwin's house has an amazing view of the city. I'll have to get a panoramic shot before I leave. There is a grocery store within walking distance from the house here that has a lot of the same stuff from home. They have a lot of American food and all. So if I want Oreos or Pepperidge farms chocolate chip cookies, or pretty much anything else, it will be available to me. I am very dehydrated from the trip over here and all. So I'm trying to get enough water in me to rehydrate. It's hot outside. Lol but the Baldwin's did turn the a.c. on for me last night. So I am not overly hot at the moment. I slept all night last night, but I'm still feeling overly tired. So if this post seems overly scattered, that's my excuse.:P well, Zachary is up and wanting me to play, so I better head that way. Talk to y'all soon. Sharon 2 Corinthians 12:9 "And He said unto me, My Grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

No comments: